Here's another easy, make-ahead dip. Serve with pita wedges!
In a food processor or blender, simply combine 3/4 cup walnuts (toast them first in a skillet for a couple of minutes over medium heat), 1/2 cup raisins, 1/2 cup plain soy yogurt (such as Whole Soy), 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper and a 12-ounce can of bottled roasted red bell peppers (drained).
Process until smooth, and transfer to a bowl. 2 and a half tablespoons is 80 calories.
plain yogurt $0.99
bottled red bell peppers $5.99
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html