Serve this with Saturday brunch for the end of a holiday weekend. Make the sugar syrup the night before so it's ready to go first thing when you wake up.
In a saucepan, combine 1/2 a cup raw sugar with 1/2 a cup water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes. Add 2 sprigs of rosemary and simmer another 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate over night.
In the morning, discard the rosemary. Combine the sugar syrup with 2 cups cranberry juice, one cup fresh-squeezed orange juice and a cup and a half club soda in a large pitcher. Pour 3/4 cup into each of 6 glasses. Each serving is 140 calories.
Double if you have a larger crowd!
cranberry juice $1.69
club soda $1.59
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html