Try this variation on hummus next time you want a good party appetizer.
Heat a teaspoon and a half of olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add two small chopped garlic cloves and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add a teaspoon and a half of curry powder and 1/4 tsp. cumin seeds and cook another 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
Transfer the curry mixture to a food processor. Add 1/4 cup water, a tablespoon and a half of lemon juice, 1/4 tsp. salt, and one (15-ounce) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed. Process it all until smooth.
This recipe makes about one and a half cups, but you can easily double it if you're feeding a bigger crowd! 1/4 cup of hummus is 90 calories - serve with pita wedges.
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html