Serve this easy spread on crackers or baguette slices, warm or chilled - it's delicious either way.
Place an 8-ounce package of pre-sliced mushrooms in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
Heat a teaspoon and a half of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, 2 tablespoons chopped shallot, 3/4 tsp. chopped fresh thyme, and one minced garlic clove. Cook for about ten minutes until the liquid evaporates (it took me 8 minutes).
Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 tsp. salt and a dash of black pepper. Transfer to a bowl and stir in 1/4 cup vegan sour cream (such as Tofutti). This version of the recipe makes 5 servings of 2 tablespoons (50 calories), but you can easily double it.
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html