This is a nice light dessert for the night after a Thanksgiving feast. Make it in the morning ahead of time because it has to freeze for 8 hours.
Bring 3 cups water to a boil and pour over 4 green tea bags and one (two-inch) piece of ginger, peeled and cut into 4 slices. Let steep 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 a cup agave nectar and 3 tablespoons lemon juice.
Pour through a sieve over a bowl, and discard the solids. Let the liquid cool completely.
Transfer to an 8x8 inch baking dish; cover and freeze 8 hours or until firm. Once frozen, scrape the surface with a fork to "fluff" it. 1/2 a cup is 90 calories. You'll have about 6 servings. Serve with lemon wedges if you like!
green tea $4.69
agave nectar $3.99
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html