The secret to my tapenade is using a sun-dried tomato packed in oil instead of two anchovy filets packed in oil. Serve this as a spread with baguette slices. Leftovers are great as a sandwich spread or stirred into pasta.
Place two peeled garlic cloves in a food processor, and process until finely chopped. Add 2 cups pitted kalamata olives, 1/4 cup capers, and one sun-dried tomato, and pulse until finely chopped. (Buy sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil to mimic anchovies packed that way, but pat some of the excess off with a paper towel).
Add 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley and pulse until combined.
It's as simple as that! 2 tablespoons is 60 calories. You'll have about 1 1/4 cups.
kalamata olives $4.99
sun-dried tomatoes $3.99
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html