We've had such a burst of early summer weather that when I thought of having soup tonight, I instantly though of gazpacho!
To make this yummy variation of the cold soup, combine 3 cups cubed and seeded watermelon in a bowl with 1/2 cup chopped and peeled English cucumber, 1/4 cup chopped yellow bell pepper, 3 tablespoons chopped green onions, 1 and 1/2 tablespoons chopped mint, 1 and 1/2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. hot sauce (such as the Hot Stuff from the Wizard), and 1 small minced garlic clove.
Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and pulse about 4 or 5 times, until finely chopped. Return to the bowl and stir in 1/2 cup cranberry-raspberry juice. The recipe said to chill the mixture thoroughly, so I made the recipe about 3 hours before serving.
Two vegan cran-raspberry jucies to try are R.W. Knudsen or Apple & Eve.
3/4 cups of gazpacho makes a serving of 90 calories, and you'll have about 4 servings. You can double the recipe easily if you like though!
yellow bell pepper $1.98
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html