Bell peppers and olives give a nice twist to a classic hummus recipe!
In a food processor, combine 1/4 cup chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers, 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 teaspoons olive oil, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. black pepper, 2 garlic cloves, and 1 (15-ounce) drained and rinsed can of chickpeas.
Process until smooth - you'll probably want to stop once or twice to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a spatula.
Transfer to an air-tight container and store this yummy hummus in the fridge. It's great with pita wedges or crudites for dipping, such as bell pepper strips or cucumbers! 2 tablespoons of hummus are 50 calories.
bottled roasted red bell peppers $2.79
kalamata olives $5.99
canned chickpeas $1.99
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html