This pasta combines two of my favorite foods - olives and artichokes!
Make 4 cups of cooked ziti pasta according to package directions (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta - I used Whole Foods' house brand). Drain, and transfer to a large bowl.
While the ziti cooks, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 cups halved cherry or grape tomatoes, 1 (14-ounce) drained can of artichoke hearts, cut into quarters, and 1/2 cup thinly sliced and pitted kalamata olives; cook for 5 minutes. (Note: to save even more time in this already-quick recipe, buy quartered artichoke hearts).
Combine the cooked pasta, the tomato mixture, 1/2 cup chopped basil, 1/3 cup shredded vegan cheese in place of Asiago (such as the vegan mozzarella from Galaxy Foods), 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Toss to combine.
1 cup of pasta is 290 calories - this recipe makes enough to serve 6.
cherry tomatoes $2.99
canned artichoke hearts $3.79
vegan cheese $3.39
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html