I used whole wheat linguine (from Gia Russa) for this simple pasta dish, but you can use regular linguine as well.
Cook 8 ounces of linguine according to package directions; drain and set aside.
While the pasta cooks, heat 1 and 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add 3 minced garlic cloves and cook for 5 minutes - the original recipe said to stir constantly, but I probably stirred closer to "frequently."
Remove the pan from heat and add the cooked pasta, along with 3/4 cup shredded vegan cheese in place of Parmesan (such as the vegan mozzarella from Galaxy Foods), 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper; toss well to coat.
1 cup of pasta is 340 calories.
vegan cheese $3.39
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html