Yay! The first fresh apricots of the season are at the store. Try this simple dessert to highlight the yummy little fruit.
In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon amaretto (Disaronno is vegan, according to the company), 3/4 tsp. grated lemon rind, 1/2 tsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice and 4 ounces of lemon soy yogurt (such as Whole Soy).
Slice 3 apricots in half, and remove their pits. Place 3 apricot halves on each of two dessert plates. Spoon 1 tablespoon blackberries into the center of each apricot half.
Top each of the two servings with 3 tablespoons of the soy yogurt mixture, an additional tablespoon blackberries and 1 tablespoon slivered almonds (which you can toast first, if you like).
Each of the two servings is 170 calories.
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html