I find myself craving the fresh fruit hitting markets this time of year. This easy dessert is a great way to showcase strawberries!
Coarsely chop 3 ounces of dark chocolate (such as the Endangered Species Company), and place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 1 minute until nearly melted, then stir until smooth.
Dip the bottom half of 16 strawberries (with their leaves still attached) into the chocolate, and let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl. Place on a wax-paper lined baking sheet, and chill for at least 5 minutes so the chocolate can set. You can make the strawberries ahead of time, too, but they are best within a few hours of preparing.
Just before serving, combine 8 ounces vegan vanilla yogurt with 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract. Tonight I used the coconut milk yogurt from Turtle Mountain, but soy yogurt would work as well. Serve 4 strawberries with 1/4 cup of the dip for 4 dessert servings of 210 calories each.
dark chocolate $2.69
peppermint extract $3.99
coconut vanilla yogurt $1.50
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html