Whip up this easy guacamole for your next movie night on the couch!
Cut 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas into 8 wedges each. Place the tortilla wedges on 2 baking sheets coated with cooking spray, in a single layer. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. chipotle chile powder, then lightly spray with cooking spray. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
While the tortillas are cooking/cooling, make the guacamole: peel the husks from 3 tomatillos, then core and finely chop them.
Combine the chopped tomatillos in a bowl with 1/3 cup chopped onion, 1/3 cup chopped plum tomato, 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro, 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lime juice, 1/4 tsp. salt, 2 seeded and finely chopped jalapeno peppers, and 1 minced garlic clove.
Peel and seed 2 nicely ripe avocados, then coarsely mash them with a fork. Add to the tomatillo mixture, and stir to combine.
2 tablespoons guacamole and 4 tortilla chips makes a serving of 60 calories.
corn tortillas $0.99
plum tomato $0.64
jalapeno peppers $0.50
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html