This crostini recipe is for 2 - serve it as a romantic appetizer before heading out to otherwise celebrate New Years Eve! Happy 2010 to all; I have many exciting recipes planned for the new year...
To make this dish, combine 1/2 cup chopped plum tomato, 1 tablespoon chopped basil, 1 tablespoon chopped and pitted green olives, 1 teaspoon capers, 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar, 1/2 tsp. olive oil, 1/8 tsp. sea salt, a dash of black pepper (which I forgot!), and 1 minced garlic clove. Set aside.
Cut 4 (1-inch) slices of French baguette. Coat both sides of the bread with cooking spray and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 4 minutes on each side.
Rub 1 side of each bread slice with the cut-sides of a halved garlic clove (I also forgot this step; it's New Year's, so I guess I can be forgiven lack of attention...). Top each slice with about 3 tablespoons of the tomato mixture.
Two topped bread slices make a serving of 110 calories - serve with a glass of champagne!
plum tomato $0.48
green olives $3.99
French baguette $1.29
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html