Make this easy dessert for two any night of the week!
Melt a tablespoon of vegan butter (such as Earth Balance) in a small skillet over medium heat. Add 1 and 1/2 cups sliced and peeled Fuji apple and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. I forgot to peel the apple before slicing it, so sliced off the peels with a knife after, which explains why my slices have very sharp edges!
Add 1 tablespoon raw sugar, 3 tablespoons brandy, 1/4 tsp. lemon juice, and 1/8 tsp. ground ginger to the skillet; continue to cook over medium-low heat for 2 minutes.
Scoop 1/2 cup vanilla soy frozen dessert into each of 2 glasses - I am a big fan of the fruit-sweetened Soy Delicious vanilla from Turtle Mountain. www.turtlemountain.com
Spoon 1/2 a cup of the apple mixture over each serving of 'ice cream'. You'll have two desserts of 320 calories each.
Fuji apple $1.56
vanilla soy frozen dessert $4.19
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html