This simple side dish makes just enough to serve two.
Coat an 11x7-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In the dish, combine 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/8 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. dried thyme (use 1/4 tsp. fresh thyme if you prefer), 1/8 tsp. black pepper, 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper, and 6 small red potatoes, each cut into quarters. Toss to combine.
Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, then stir in 2 tablespoons vegan grated Parmesan (such as the Parmesan sprinkles from Galaxy Foods), and 1/2 tsp. minced garlic.
Meanwhile, snap the tough ends off 1/2 a pound of asparagus spears. Combine the asparagus with 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/8 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. minced garlic.
Add to the dish with the potatoes and continue to cook an additional 10 minutes.
Divide evenly among 2 plates for 2 side servings of 230 calories each.
red potatoes $4.99
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html