If you did a lot of cooking or baking around the holidays, you probably want to make something simple right about now! This side dish is a snap.
Trim the ends off 2 cups of green beans (I used regular green beans, but you can use the slimmer haricots verts if you prefer). Cook the beans in boiling water for 2 minutes, then drain, plunge in ice water, and drain again.
Melt a teaspoon of vegan butter (such as Earth Balance) in a small skillet coated with cooking spray, over medium heat. Add the green beans, 1/8 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. black pepper, and 1 minced garlic clove; cook for 2 minutes until thoroughly heated.
Divide among two plates for 2 side servings of 60 calories each.
green beans $1.21
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html