This easy syrup makes a beautiful gift around the holidays in a pretty glass bottle. Or, just make some at home for yourself and serve over vegan pancakes or waffles!
In a saucepan, combine 2 cups maple syrup and 12-ounces of frozen blueberries. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally (which took longer than I anticipated!).
Remove from heat and stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Transfer to a bowl and cover and chill until ready to serve; you'll want to reheat this before serving, though, as it is yummiest when warm.
This recipe makes about 3 cups total - 3 tablespoons of syrup is a serving of 120 calories.
maple syrup $10.99
frozen blueberries $3.99
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html