I didn't have to alter a thing from the original recipe, as this dish was already vegan.
Trim the ends off 1 and 1/2 pounds green beans, then cook them in boiling water for 6 minutes; drain.
Combine the beans in a large bowl with 1 cup vertically sliced red onion, and set aside.
Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper; cook for about 30 seconds, until heated, stirring constantly with a whisk.
Drizzle the vinaigrette over the vegetables, tossing to coat. Make this just before serving time, as it is at its yummiest when served immediately. 1 cup makes a side serving of 70 calories.
green beans $2.27
Dijon mustard $2.49
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html