These fresh-cooked tomatoes just scream out Italy - yum yum. Serve over any kind of pasta you like, or just spoon some onto each plate as a side dish.
In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. black pepper, 2 small minced garlic cloves and 2 pounds of plum tomatoes, each quartered lengthwise. Toss well to coat, and then transfer to an 8x8-inch baking dish.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, but stir every 10 minutes or so.
Remove the tomatoes from the oven while you increase the oven heat to 'broil'. Return the tomatoes to the oven and broil for 10 minutes - they should be just starting to brown.
Stir gently to combine once out of the oven. 1/2 a cup is 60 calories.
(Note: these will also freeze really well in zip-top bags for up to 3 months, so double the recipe now and save half for later if you like!)
flat-leaf parsley $1.69
plum tomatoes $3.96
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html