How could I not make this smoothie recipe, with a name like that? A pitcher of "ohm" perfectly rounds out a weekend brunch.
Pour 1 cup boiling water over one chamomile tea bag, and let steep 10 minutes. Discard the teabag. Combine the brewed tea in a blender with 1/2 tsp. grated and peeled fresh ginger, 2 ripe peeled mangoes (chopped), 2 chopped carrots, and 1 ripe peeled pear (cored - use any variety you like; I used an organic Packham pear). Process until smooth.
Pour into a large bowl, and stir in 2 cups orange juice. Cover and chill for at least 8 hours, and up to overnight (which is what makes this ideal for brunch!).
Before serving, the recipe recommended lining a sieve with cheesecloth, placing the sieve over a bowl, and pouring the "ohm" mixture through the cheesecloth while pressing with a spatula to squeeze out all the liquid. I found that using a fine mesh sieve was easier than the cheesecloth, however, still pressing with a spatula until only the solids were left in the sieve. Discard the solids left behind.
Transfer the "ohm" to a pretty pitcher, then pour and serve! You'll have 4, one-cup servings of 130 calories each.
chamomile tea $3.49
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html