I'm returning to the tastes of Morocco again today, for this delicious sweetened iced tea.
Bring 4 cups of water to a boil, then combine with 1 and 1/2 teaspoons loose leaf green tea and let steep for 2 and 1/2 minutes.
Strain the mixture through a fine sieve over a large bowl; discard the tea leaves. Stir in about 12 or 13 fresh mint leaves and let steep 5 minutes. Leave the mint leaves in, and stir in 1/4 cup raw sugar, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
Let cool completely, and come time to serve, serve over ice! 1 cup is 60 calories.
loose leaf green tea $8.99
raw sugar $3.79
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html