Tonight's recipe is super quick - and not for dinner, but for dessert!
In a saucepan, combine 2 tablespoons organic brown sugar, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, and 1/8 tsp. nutmeg. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in 3 cups sliced strawberries, then remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
Serve this warm over vegan ice cream! My favorite brand is Turtle Mountain, and I had my strawberry sauce with their 'It's Soy Delicious Vanilla', but I imagine it would go great with just about any flavor.
A 1/4 cup of sauce is 40 calories.
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html