If you can't actually be some place tropical this weekend, making this smoothie will at least make it taste like you're there!
In a blender, combine 2 cups mango or papaya juice, 1 and 1/2 cups cubed pineapple, 1 and 1/2 cups cubed papaya, 1/2 cup soft silken tofu, 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger, 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lime juice and 1 tablespoon agave nectar (in place of honey). Process until smooth.
Given the choice, I chose mango juice over papaya juice, since the smoothie already has papaya chunks in it, and this way I got a blend of 3 tropical fruits instead of just two! But use whichever you prefer. Buying pre-chopped pineapple and papaya made this already-quick recipe even quicker and easier.
You'll have 4 one-cup servings of 160 calories each. The drink is yummiest when served ice cold. The peach color of it once blended is absolutely beautiful, too!
mango juice $3.49
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html