This dish makes a perfect lunch for 1.
Bring 1/2 cup water to a boil in a saucepan, and gradually stir in 1/3 cup dry couscous and 1/8 tsp. salt. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 5 minutes.
Fluff with a fork, then combine the couscous in a bowl with 1/4 cup chopped bottled roasted red bell pepper, 1/4 cup chopped canned artichoke hearts (rinsed and drained), 1/4 cup cubed vegan mozzarella (either Galaxy Foods or Vegan Gourmet works well here), 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/8 tsp. black pepper and two, chopped and pitted kalamata olives.
Toss to combine, then cover and chill. The two-cup serving is 410 calories.
bottled roasted red bell pepper $2.49
canned artichoke hearts $2.69
kalamata olives $5.99
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html