Grill this outdoors if you're lucky enough to be able to! My stove-top grill pan does the job in a pinch, though I did have to grill in batches. But can you believe those grill-marks in the photo come from a pan??
In a 13x9-inch baking dish, combine 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup plain soy yogurt (such as Whole Soy), 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, and 2 minced garlic cloves - I actually had 3 very small garlic cloves, so figured those would equal 2 regular-sized ones.
Cut 3 small yellow squash (about 1 pound total) and 3 small zucchini (also about 1 pound total) each in half lengthwise, and make 3 (1/4-inch deep) slits across each cut side.
Plate the squash and zucchini, cut-sides down, in the marinade and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Place the squash and zucchini on a grill rack coated with cooking spray (or grill pan over medium-high heat coated with cooking spray) and grill for 5 minutes on each side. Discard the marinade.
Once cooked, place the grilled vegetables on a serving platter and sprinkle evenly with another 1/4 tsp. salt. 2 squash halves is a side serving of 50 calories.
plain soy yogurt $0.99
summer squash $2.17
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html