My smoothie kick continues! This time, I'm taking advantage of fresh blackberry season. Let me just give you a run-down of the nutritional powerhouse that you're about to drink: antioxidants and fiber in the berries, potassium in the peaches, omega-3 fatty acids in the walnuts, vitamin C in the orange juice, and of course the health benefits of soy from the silken tofu. Drink up!
In a blender, combine 2 cups frozen sliced peaches, 1 cup blackberries, 1 cup orange juice, 3/4 cup chopped soft silken tofu (about 4 ounces), 1/4 cup agave nectar (in place of honey), and 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice. Process until smooth.
Pour 1 cup of smoothie into each of 3 glasses. Top each serving with 2 teaspoons chopped walnuts. Each drink is 240 calories. This is great for breakfast or as a midday snack - say, after a great workout!
frozen sliced peaches $2.99
soft silken tofu $2.39
agave nectar $3.00
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html