This quick breakfast cereal is a great way to start you day!
In a bowl, combine 1 cup regular oats, 1 cup plain soy yogurt (such as Whole Soy), 1/3 cup orange juice, and 2 tablespoons packed organic brown sugar. Add 1 cup shredded Red Delicious apple, 1/2 cup sliced bannana, and 1/4 cup blueberries; stir gently to combine.
This recipe makes enough for 2 servings of 1 and 1/4 cups and 380 calories each, but double or triple the recipe as needed, so everyone in the house gets to enjoy! You can also try varying the fruits in the recipe, according to season, or add almonds on top for a nice crunch.
Red Delicious apple $2.14
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html