This easy recipe makes an elegant side dish for company, with hardly any effort at all on your part!
To make the vinaigrette, whisk together 1/4 tsp. grated lemon rind, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. black pepper, and 1 minced garlic clove; set aside.
Trim the ends from 1 and 1/4 pounds green beans, then cook in boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain, and place in a large bowl. Add the vinaigrette, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons sliced almonds (which you can toast first, if you like), and 1 and 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme.
You'll have 6 servings of 1 cup and 60 calories each.
green beans $1.45
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html