This elegant pasta dish works great for company! As with the Crostini with 'Gorgonzola', Caramelized Onions, and Fig Jam that I made last night, try the soy blue cheese from Sunergia in this recipe.
To start, tear 1 slice of white bread into pieces, and place in a food processor; process until you have coarse breadcrumbs. Place the breadcrumbs on a baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees until dry - the original recipe said 30 minutes, but I only gave mine 20 minutes.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add 4 minced garlic cloves and saute for 30 seconds. Remove the pan from heat and let stand for 5 minutes, then add the breadcrumbs - return the pan to the heat and cook for 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
Cook 8 ounces of fettuccine according to package directions, then drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add the breadcrumb mixture, 1/4 cup chopped parsley, 1/4 cup crumbled soy blue cheese, 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts (which you can toast first, if you like), 2 teaspoons lemon juice, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper; toss to combine.
This dish is best served immediately. You'll have 4 servings of 1 and 1/2 cups and 330 calories each.
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html