This easy dessert would be an elegant finish to your next dinner party!
Place 12 small plums (about 3 pounds total) in a 13x9-inch baking dish. In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, 4 tablespoons raw sugar, and 10 black peppercorns; stir with a whisk until the sugar dissolves. Split open 1 vanilla bean, and scrape the seeds out with a knife. Add the seeds and the bean to the vinegar mixture, then pour evenly over the plums. Arrange 2 rosemary sprigs in the dish, and sprinkle the plums evenly with an additional 2 tablespoons raw sugar.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes - their skin should be starting to split away.
Remove the plums from the dish with a slotted spoon and place 2 plums on each of 6 dessert plates; set aside. Pour the vinegar mixture through a sieve into a saucepan, and discard the solids. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-high and cook until reduced to 3/4 cup (about 5 minutes). Drizzle 2 tablespoons of syrup evenly over the plums on each dessert plate, and garnish each plate with an additional sprig of rosemary.
Each serving (2 plums and 2 tablespoons sauce) makes a dessert of 150 calories.
balsamic vinegar $4.99
fresh rosemary $2.49
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html