A gremolata is a chopped herb condiment of parsley, garlic, and lemon zest. Although it might traditionally go with osso bucco for a meat eater, it's also great over vegetables! I've paired it with green beans here, but use any steamed vegetable of your choice for an elegant side dish.
Trim the ends from 1 pound of green beans, then steam, covered, for 7 minutes.
Drain the beans, and return to the pan. Toss with 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, 1 tablespoon sliced almonds (which you can toast first, if you like), 1/4 tsp. grated lemon rind, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. black pepper, and 1 minced garlic clove.
1 cup of green beans makes a side serving of 60 calories.
green beans $1.40
flat-leaf parsley $1.69
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html