A couple nights back, I posted an elegant green bean side dish, perfect for company.... And then there are the nights when you want a recipe that's simple and quick! This version is about as simple as it gets. Serve alongside any vegan entree of your choice.
Steam 1 pound of green beans (trimmed and cut into about 2-inch pieces) for 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Drain, then return to the pan. Add 1 and 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/8 tsp. black pepper. Toss to coat, then serve! These are best served immediately.
1 cup of green beans makes a side serving of 50 calories.
green beans $1.86
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html