Most vacuum-packed gnocchi (potato dumplings) will contain eggs. However, the brand Nuova, available in the refrigerated section of Whole Foods and other grocery stores - it is not only gluten-free, but vegan as well! You'll need two (9-ounce) packages for this recipe.
Bring 7 cups of water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add 5 cups broccoli florets and the gnocchi; boil for 3 minutes, then drain.
While the broccoli and gnocchi cook, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 6 tablespoons finely chopped onion and 3 minced garlic cloves; cook for 3 minutes.
Add the broccoli and gnocchi, along with 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheese in place of fontina (I used the vegan mozzarella from Galaxy Foods), 1/4 cup vegetable broth, and 1/8 tsp. black pepper; cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup vegan Parmesan sprinkles (such as Galaxy Foods).
Divide into 3 servings of 1 and 1/3 cups and 480 calories each.
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html