This is a wonderful end-of-summer salad, to use up the last of the blueberries! I used the vegan Tuscan chicken breasts from Gardein for my salad, but use any vegan chicken of your choice.
Chop 1 and 1/2 cups worth of vegan chicken and cook in a skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until thoroughly heated - about 6 to 7 minutes.
Combine the 'chicken' in a large bowl with 4 cups sliced Belgian endive, 1 cup gourmet salad greens, and 1 cup fresh blueberries.
In a small bowl, whisk together 2 and 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 2 and 1/2 tablespoons agave nectar (in place of honey), and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the endive mixture.
Sprinkle with 1/2 cup crumbled vegan feta (such as Sunergia) and 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (which you can toast first if you like, as per the title of this recipe, although I did not!). Toss gently to coat.
1 and 1/2 cups of salad make a serving of 160 calories. Double the portions to make it an entree salad.
Belgian endive $4.39
gourmet salad greens $2.50
vegan chicken $3.99
vegan feta $3.69
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html