This salsa is great for dipping chips, or works as a condiment to vegan protein, like tempeh or vegan 'chicken' (such as Gardein).
Shred 2 cups of peeled, firm papaya. If your papaya is ripe, like mine was, simply chop it instead.
Combine the papaya in a bowl with 2 cups peeled and chopped mango, 1 cup finely chopped red onion, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, 1/4 cup chopped mint, 1 and 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon finely chopped and seeded jalapeno, 1/8 tsp. salt, and just a dash of sugar.
1/2 cup of salsa is 60 calories.
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html