Use the vegan shrimp from Vegetarian Plus for this easy meal - it's as yummy as the title suggests!
Ahead of time, defrost 1 (10 ounce) package of vegan shrimp - if you don't have time to defrost the product in the fridge, use the "fish" setting for defrosting on your microwave.
Once defrosted, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the 'shrimp', 1 and 1/2 tablespoons red pepper flakes, and 2 minced garlic cloves; saute for 3 minutes.
Add 2 cups diced tomato, 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, 1 teaspoon paprika, and 1 (14-ounce) drained can of quartered artichoke hearts. I actually bought canned whole artichoke hearts instead, and quartered them myself. I also omitted the salt in the original recipe, you can add a 1/4 tsp. if you like.
Cook a final 3 minutes, stirring frequently, then divide the mixture among 4 plates (about 1 and 1/2 cups per serving). Each serving is 240 calories.
Note: this dish is spicy hot - decrease the amount of red pepper flakes if you want a little less heat. I also am still getting a feel for how many vegan shrimp are the equivalent of real shrimp - I probably should have used closer to 1 and 1/2 packages of the vegan version, instead of just 1 package.
vegan shrimp $6.95
canned artichoke hearts $4.39
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html