This polenta is super comfort-food, and is super-quick to make.
Combine 2 cups plain soy milk (such as Silk), 1/2 cup water, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. black pepper in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, gradually stir in 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons dry polenta, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cook for 2 minutes, still stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and stir in the two 'cheeses'. In place of mascarpone, I used 3 tablespoons vegan cream cheese (try Tofutti's Better Than Cream Cheese), and for the grated Parmesan, I used 3 tablespoons of the vegan Parmesan sprinkles from Galaxy Foods. Like all polenta, this is best served immediately, although if you want to make it in advance, you can keep it warm and covered over very low heat.
2/3 a cup is 210 calories. Double the recipe easily to feed a larger crowd!
plain soy milk $2.49
vegan Parmesan sprinkles $2.99
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html