Normally, Swiss chard is cooked to wilt it down and reduce its toughness. Marinating is a fun new method to whip up a quick side dish with this vitamin-packed vegetable - lots of vitamin K, A, and C.
Thinly slice 1 pound (about 2 bunches) of Swiss chard, crosswise, discarding the white inner stems, and place in a large bowl.
In a smaller bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. black pepper. Drizzle over the chard and toss to coat.
Stir in 1/2 cup golden raisins and 2 tablespoons pine nuts. Let stand for 15 minutes to marinate.
You'll have 4 side servings of 1 cup and 120 calories each.
Swiss chard $4.98
golden raisins $2.99
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html