This soup is absolutely darling served in tea cups, and really does practically scream 'spring'!
Thaw a 10-ounce package of frozen petite green peas. Set two tablespoons of peas aside, and place the rest in a blender, along with 1 and 1/2 cups vegetable broth and 1/2 cup vegan sour cream. I used to always use Tofutti's version, but a new vegan option was on the grocery shelves this week, and I like it even better - so definitely check out the sour cream from Vegan Gourmet (www.followyourheart.com).
Process until smooth, then strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve over a bowl - I find that it's helpful to use a spoon to press down and make sure all the liquid makes it through. Discard the solids.
Stir 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. black pepper into the soup. The recipe said to cover and chill thoroughly, so I let mine chill about 4 hours before serving.
Ladle 1/2 cup soup into each of 5 bowls (or tea cups!). Garnish each serving with about 1 teaspoon of the reserved peas. Each serving is 90 calories.
frozen peas $2.19
vegetable broth $2.69
vegan sour cream $3.99
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html