Here's just a simple accompaniment to any meal; I have family in town, so I can't do much more than that tonight! Have the entire salad for one entree-sized lunch if you prefer.
In a bowl, combine 4 cups (1-inch pieces) romaine lettuce, 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper, 1/4 cup diced red onion, 1/4 cup crumbled vegan feta (such as Sunergia), 2 tablespoons chopped and pitted kalamata olives, and 1/4 tsp. dried oregano.
Drizzle 1/4 cup Italian dressing over the salad - I used the Tuscany Italian from Annie's Naturals, which is all vegan. Toss to coat.
1 cup is a side salad of 60 calories.
romaine lettuce $3.99
red bell pepper $0.69
red onion $0.27
kalamata olives $5.99
vegan feta $3.69
Italian dressing $3.49
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html