This easy dressing is actually a variation on a vinaigrette recipe; there were several other options - a cumin-lime version, a roasted garlic version, and the original, but I decided that the Dijon variation looked yummiest, so I present that to you here.
In a saucepan, combine 1 cup vegetable broth with 2 teaspoons cornstarch, stirring with a whisk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon raw sugar, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/8 tsp. black pepper.
Cover and chill in the fridge until ready to use, and stir or shake before using. 2 tablespoons is 30 calories - this would go great with just about any salad I can think of!
vegetable broth $2.69
olive oil $9.99
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html