Rachel is a reader who sent this recipe into a cooking magazine, and I was more than happy to try out her delicious fruit salsa! It goes great with tortilla chips.
In a bowl, combine 1 cup diced and peeled mango, 1 cup diced pineapple, 1/4 cup diced red onion, 1/4 cup minced cilantro, 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice, 2 teaspoons cumin, 1/8 tsp. salt, a dash of black pepper, and 1 minced and seeded jalapeno pepper.
I made this ahead of time and let it chill for the flavors to meld, but you don't need to. 1/2 a cup is 60 calories.
jalapano pepper $0.12
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html