I'm quite enjoying the use of my grill pan, to capture the flavor of summer. Sure, you could steam or saute asparagusany time, but grilling gives the vegetable a wonderful taste and texture.
This recipe is super simple: snap the ends off one pound of asparagus. In a bowl or dish, drizzle with one teaspoon olive oil, 1/4 tsp. salt (use kosher salt for crunchier texture if you like), and 1/8 tsp. black pepper. Toss to coat.
Grill over medium-high heat on a grill rack or grill pan coated with cooking spray for 4 minutes, turning once so that all sides grill evenly. Place back in a serving platter and drizzle with one tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette. This is best if you serve it immediately. Coincidentally, it would go great with the tofu steaks I made last night (August 4 post). 4 servings of 30 calories (about 6-7 spears).
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html