A couple servings of this make a light summer supper. It would also be good packed in tupperware and brought to work during the week for lunch.
Cook 3/4 cup uncooked couscous according to package directions; keep warm.
Heat a teaspoon and a half olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini and 1/4 cup chopped onion; saute for 3 minutes. Add the cooked couscous, along with 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears). Cook an additional minute. Remove from heat and add 1/4 tsp. salt and a dash of black pepper.
This recipe makes 6 small servings of 2/3 cup and 140 calories each (or, as I mentioned above, double the portions for 3 larger servings).
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html