Here's another great way to take advantage of the fact that there's finally a yummy vegan feta (my favorite and most missed cheese) on the market...
In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup crumbled vegan feta (such as the any of the varieties from Sunergia: www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/), along with 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, 2 tablespoons vegan mayo of your choice (I like the canola mayo from Spectrum Foods), and a dash of black pepper.
Spread about 2 and a half tablespoons of the 'feta' mixture onto each of two (one and a half ounce) slices of white bread. White bread is yet another version that is tough to find in vegan form - why oh why do companies feel that bread needs to contain nonfat milk?? But I verified that the Vermont Company's organic soft white is vegan, after a thorough perusal of the ingredients, so try that one! www.vermontbread.com/home
Top each bread slice with two (1/4 inch thick) slices of tomato. Top with another slice of white bread. You now have two sandwiches of 320 calories and lots of yumminess.
white bread $4.39
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html