Instead of having this salsa as an appetizer with chips, try it over a baked potato for a hearty vegan entree.
In a large bowl, combine 3 cups chopped seeded tomato, 3/4 cup chopped vidalia onion, 1/2 cup chopped tomatillo, 1/4 cup black beans (rinsed and drained), 1/4 cup fresh corn (about one ear), 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. black pepper and 1/2 tsp. of hot sauce (I like the organic hot sauce from Whole Foods' 365 brand).
Cover and chill the mixture for at least 2 hours, then do with it as you will - tortilla chips, baked potatoes etc. Be creative!
1/4 cup of the salsa is 20 calories.
vidalia onion $1.01
black beans $1.79
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html