In a bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar, 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup yellow or white miso paste, whisking until smooth.
Add 1/4 cup chopped green onions, 2 tablespoons raw sugar, 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger, 2 tablespoons soy sauce (try to use the low-sodium kind), 4 teaspoons canola oil and 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil.
You can store this in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, but shake well before serving, since the solids will float to the top! One tablespoon is 30 calories.
rice wine vinegar $2.99
green onions $0.99
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Mostly I'm making this dressing to use in tomorrow night's recipe (so stay tuned!) but I'm making it ahead to use the leftover in a salad tonight. It's really versatile and is a great compliment to any salad made with sweeter veggies - think jicama, oranges, spinach leaves, or drizzled over avocado slices or even rice noodles. I'll give you a more main-dish way to use this dressing tomorrow night. But first...
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html