Pack this in a thermos and sip it anywhere you can watch the sunset.
In a blender or food processor, combine 1/4 cup water, 3 tablespoons chopped peeled ginger, 3 tablespoons grated lime rind (about 2 limes), 1/2 cup raw sugar and 10 mint leaves. Process until smooth, then cover and chill for two hours.
Add 5 and 3/4 cups water plus 1 and 1/4 cups fresh squeezed lime juice to the ginger mixture, stirring to combine. This recipe said that it would take about six limes to procure that much juice, but if you don't have a juicer, I recommend buying a few extra - I had about 8 limes and I still had to squeeze like heck to get out enough! Worst case scenario, if you're a 1/4 cup or so lime juice short, make up the difference with a little more water.
Pour 2 cups of limeade into each of 4 tall glasses for 4 servings of 130 calories. Garnish with lime wedges for a pretty presentation.
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html