These "milkshakes" might be the yummiest thing ever.
Let one cup of non-dairy chocolate ice cream soften slightly (my favorite is the fruit-sweetened Awesome Chocolate from Turtle Mountain). You can speed up the process by microwaving for about 10 seconds if you have one, which alas, I do not.
Combine the 'ice cream' in a bowl with 1/4 cup chocolate soy milk (such as Silk), 2 tablespoons of kahlua (yes, it is vegan, according to the company), a teaspoon and a half of grated chocolate, 1/4 tsp. instant coffee granules, and 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract. Stir well with a whisk until frothy and serve immediately.
For the grated chocolate, grate any chocolate bar that you're sure doesn't have any milk in it - I really like the Endangered Species chocolate company. Not only do your proceeds do good for animals, but the Smooth Dark Chocolate is certified vegan: http://www.chocolatebar.com/
1/2 a cup of this deliciousness is 190 calories but c'mon, who is going to limit themselves to that? Double your portion and enjoy.
chocolate soy ice cream $3.69
chocolate soy milk $1.69
dark chocolate $3.99
The Vegan Pantry
- Vegan yogurt - Whole Soy http://www.wholesoyco.com/
- Vegan milk - Silk http://www.silksoymilk.com/
- Vegan Feta - Sunergia http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/
- Vegan Cheese - Galaxy Foods http://www.galaxyfoods.com/
- Vegan Eggs - Ener-G http://www.ener-g.com/
- Vegan Butter - Earth Balance http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html